Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Colors & Of Course a Little Fishing



 The water was REALLY shallow...
so Tony w/ the help of Kietan
navigated the boat up the river w/ the trolling motor.
Beaver Dam


Only fish to actually get in the boat.

On this beautiful Fall day I was fishing while reading my magazine.
(have to keep occupied while waiting for the fish to bite:))
The river we were on was south of Rainy Lake, it's about 10 feet wide.
All the sudden I thought I had caught the bottom,
I handed the pole to Tony to get it undone.
He handed it back to me (or I grabbed it back) I had a fish on.
It was a fish alright...I kept saying are you sure it's not the bottom?!
The fish pulled the line, the pole was bending
& jumping out of the water (which I missed).
Then as I am struggling to keep the pole
& line from going to far under the boat a big SNAP..
the fish jumped up out of the water on the other side of the boat....
it broke the line. :(
Tony thinks it was about a three to four foot northern.
Adi kept saying "that was a big fish".
 I think I might have been hooked :)
on fishing if I got that one in the boat.
I guess I will have to try again next year. 

2 comments:

  1. Love that story! Gorgeous pictures ... such pretty colors. And, love the one of little Kie up in the front of the boat helping Tony! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...Fall does have some of the best colors. :)

    ReplyDelete